[openstack-dev] [tripleo] The Weekly Owl - 1st Edition

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 19:48:41 UTC 2017

Note: this is the first edition of a weekly update of what happens in
TripleO. The goal is to provide a short reading (less than 5 minutes)
to learn where we are and what we're doing.
Any contributions or feedback are welcome.

+------------------------------+
| Continuous Integration |
+------------------------------+

+--> New rover is Sagi and new ruck is Matt. Please let them know any
new CI issue.
+--> Team will focus on developers reproduce CI jobs on their own RDO
Cloud (https://trello.com/c/EWotWxGe)
+--> Promotions look good so far: Master promoted 12/5/2017 - Pike
promoted 12/2/2017 - Ocata promoted 12/4/2017
+--> Newton promotion job now handled by rdo-phase1
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting

+-------------+
| Upgrades |
+-------------+

+--> Some experimental jobs are WIP to test Fast Forward Upgrades (aka
FFU). Reviews are needed on https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/10827
and https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:ffu/ci+(status:open+OR+status:merged).
+--> Some work is being done to make upgrade jobs working from Ocata
to Pike in RDO CI - and in the same time some bugs are being fixed
regarding this upgrade path.
+--> tripleo-upgrade upstream repository is being updated from the old
repo, the team is working on it.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-upgrade-squad-status
and https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-upgrade-squad-meeting

+---------------+
| Containers |
+---------------+

+--> k8s: good progress on CI when deploying with Kubespray.
+--> k8s: working on getting tempest working for ansible-role-k8s-* repos
+--> k8s: migrated ansible-role-k8s-glance from external github under
`openstack`
+--> undercloud: some progress has been made but some bugs are
currently under investigation (idempotency issues, Registry config,
etc).
+--> overcloud: work in progress on image prepare workflows
+--> overcloud: Paunch now explicitly pulls images before docker run.
+--> overcloud: we can now have the port in the image name and tag
discover will still work fine.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-containers-squad-status

+--------------+
| Integration |
+--------------+

+--> The team is working on Multiple Ceph clusters blueprint and
Multiple Ceph pools for Cinder.
+--> The team is preparing the integration to deploy Ceph Luminous!
+--> Some backports are being done to resolve a CVE:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1720787+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-integration-squad-status

+---------+
| UI/CLI |
+---------+

+--> Roles management ready for review on GUI side, waiting for
tripleo-common patches to get finished.
+--> Nodes registration refactoring merged.
+--> The team is still working on testing Pike.
+--> Layout changes and refactoring patchset merged
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ui-cli-squad-status

+---------------+
| Validations |
+---------------+
+--> The team has requested more review from TripleO developers,
please help if you can!
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/validations-reviews
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-validations-squad-status

+---------------+
| Networking |
+---------------+
+--> In the last meeting, the team discussed about the future of
os-net-config, routed-networks and OVS containerization.
+--> In the next meeting, the team will discuss about how we can
prepare nodes for NFV features and the state of  tests for
containerized deployments and networking.
+--> Some folks are also focused on Octavia integration.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-networking-squad-status

+--------------+
| Workflows |
+--------------+

+--> No update this week.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-workflows-squad-status

+----------------+
| Weekly Owl |
+----------------+

The Barn Owl (aka Tyto alba) is a medium sized owl with no ear-tufts
and a heart-shaped face. These pale, nearly worldwide birds are
closely associated with man through their traditional use of barn
lofts and church steeples as nesting sites. The species name "alba"
refers to the white color. Other names for the Barn Owl have included
Monkey-faced Owl, Ghost Owl, and Church Owl. (source:
https://www.owlpages.com/owls/species.php?s=10)

Stay tuned!
--
Your fellow reporter, Emilien Macchi