[openstack-dev] Removing Keystoneauth Dependency in Castellan Discussion

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Dec 5 16:54:38 UTC 2017

Excerpts from ARORA, ROHAN's message of 2017-12-05 14:37:49 +0000:
> So from my understanding now, we are wanting to remove the HARD dependency on Keystoneauth, not to remove it completely since that would break the barbican client. Currently seeing if we just remove the dependency from requirements.txt, if that stops Keystoneauth from being used until you try to use the barbican.

There would need to be more changes than that, because we still need the
package to be installed for testing the Barbican driver.

Maybe if someone could explain what the issue is, I can offer more
detailed advice. What is wrong with having the keystoneauth dependency?
Is it breaking something? Is it interfering with some other library?

Doug