[openstack-dev] [tripleo] TripleO CI end of sprint status

Arx Cruz arxcruz at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 14:33:58 UTC 2017

Hello,

On November 29 we came the end of sprint using our new team structure [1],
and here’s the highlights:

Sprint Review:

The goal on this sprint was to reduce the tech debt generated by the other
sprints as a way to reduce the work of the Ruck and Rover.

We choose the most relevant cards in our tech debt list, and I am glad to
report that we were able to complete mostly of them. Since it was tech debt
cards, we set a goal of the cards we would like to complete, and as the
time permits, other cards.

As result, we have 10 cards completed, 4 cards that are being finished
(just pending review or comments updates) and 4 cards that remains in tech
debt.

One can see the results of the sprint via https://tinyurl.com/y8wwntvc

Tripleo CI community meeting

   - Saneax is working to introduce some update jobs in stable branch
      - Initially he wanted to introduce it in upstream, however, after
      discuss with the team, probably it’s best to have it in RDO
cloud since we
      have a more flexible timeout for the jobs
      - Master check/gate job blockers
   - TestVolumeBootPattern
      - Still work in progress, we have Daniel Alvarez working in debug the
      jobs.
   - OVB Migration https://trello.com/c/wGUUEqty
      - RDO Cloud upgrade from newton to ocata was blocked by
      https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1724328 which is now resolved
      thanks to Pradeep.
      - Checking with David Machado on the status of the RDO Cloud upgrade
      to Ocata
      - All upstream jobs are currently running on both RH1 and RDO Cloud
         - Sagi put together a nice chart displaying the pass/fail rates of
         OVB jobs in both environments
         -
         https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/57a843f924c8f76569579c8b/5a0b479898ccb207352b5d9f/c299f41da138a92aac3984298530a6d1/rdo-rh1-cloud.pdf
      - Looking for input on when to transition off RH1 and onto RDO Cloud
      in full
   - Promotion Status
      - Master 21 days since last promotion , 4 known issues
      - Pike 7 days since last promotion, 3 known issues
      - Ocata 17 days since last promotion, 1 known issue

Ruck and Rover

List of bugs that Ruck and Rover were working on:

   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1734928
   - ui_validate_simple is failing on master gate - logs are not collected
        (related to tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-multinode-oooq-container
      failure)
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1731988
      - TestNetworkBasicOps.test_mtu_sized_frames timing out on pike
      promotion jobs
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1733672
      - tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-multinode-oooq-container is failing
      on deploying the overcloud - master release only ( related to
      tripleo-ci-centos-7-scenario001-multinode-oooq-container)
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1732477
      -  Container deployment failing at overcloud-prep-containers (not
      logged by CI - fixed by CI)
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1733983
      -  Tempest reports 'missing Worker 1!'
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1734752
      -  Master containers build are failing with 'No package yum-axelget
      available'
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1734709
      -  Master promotion featuresets005- 008 are failing overcloud deploy
      -  ''
      /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/ci/environments/scenario00x-multinode.yaml"
      file not found
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1734134
      -  Pike periodic promotion job multinode-1ctlr-featureset016 fail
      with error running docker 'gnocchi_db_sync' - rados.Rados.connect
      PermissionDeniedError: error connecting to the cluster
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1733858
      - Upstream containers promotion fails with "unauthorized:
      authentication required" while pulling the images from RDO registry
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1733598
      - newton jobs on rdo cloud fail with 'dlrn_hash_tag' is undefined
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1733345
      - Master promotion: error creating the default Deployment Plan
      overcloud
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1732706
      - tripleo ci / quickstart jobs have duplicate entries in /etc/hosts
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/173198
   <https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1731987>
      - dstat files are not in the upstream tripleo logs in /var/log/extra
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1731346
      - dlrn_hash_tag is undefined failing ovb jobs in pike/master promotion
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1731456
      - Timed out CI jobs not collecting logs, "FAILED with status: 137"
      (not logged by CI but fixed by CI)
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1734348
      - legacy-instack-undercloud-puppet-lint is failing with ERROR Unable
      to find playbook
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1734778
      - CI: Container multinode upgrades job does not upgrade overcloud
      from pike to queens/master
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1735139
      - Error when deploying ceph in overcloud with containers using
      ceph-ansible
   - https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1735211
      - Master promotion fs002 and fs020 jobs are failing overcloud
      deployment on  ControllerDeployment_Step3

We also have our new Ruck and Rover for this week:

   - Ruck
      - Matt Young - myoung|ruck
   - Rover
      - Sagi Shnaidman - sshnaidm|rover

If you have any questions and/or suggestions, please contact us

Kind regards,
Arx Cruz

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509280/