[openstack-dev] [tripleo] rename ovb jobs?

Sanjay Upadhyay supadhya at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 10:02:43 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 2:17 PM, Bogdan Dobrelya <bdobreli at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/30/17 8:11 PM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>
>> A few months ago, we renamed ovb-updates to be
>> tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-1ctlr_1comp_1ceph-featureset024.
>> The name is much longer but it describes better what it's doing.
>> We know it's a job with one controller, one compute and one storage
>> node, deploying the quickstart featureset n°24.
>>
>> For consistency, I propose that we rename all OVB jobs this way.
>> For example, tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-ha-oooq would become
>> tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-3ctlr_1comp-featureset001
>> etc.
>>
>> Any thoughts / feedback before we proceed?
>> Before someone asks, I'm not in favor of renaming the multinode
>> scenarios now, because they became quite familiar now, and it would
>> confuse people to rename the jobs.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> I'd like to see featuresets clarified in names as well. Just to bring the
> main message, w/o going into the test matrix details, like
> tripleo-ci-centos-7-ovb-3ctlr_1comp-featureset001-ovn/ceph/k8s/tempest
> whatever it is.

How is this looking?

tripleo-ci/os/centos/7/ovb/ha/nodes/3ctrlr_1comp.yaml
tripleo-ci/os/centos/7/ovb/ha/featureset/ovn_ceph_k8s_with-tempest.yaml

I also think we should have clear demarcation of the oooq variables ie
machine specific goes to nodes/* and feature related goes to featureset/*

regards
/sanjay