[openstack-dev] [relmgt] Libraries published to pypi with YYYY.X.Z versions

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 30 15:04:58 UTC 2017

Tony Breeds wrote:
> An extension to this would be to check for other items in the same boat.
> I wrote [1] to find anything in the openstack namespace that isn't a
> service and has something that looks like a date based release on pypi.
> [...]

Thanks for computing the list. Unpublishing is a bit of a trade-off --
in the networking-hyperv case the pain resulting from the people using
pip to install it (and complaining about the situation) ends up being
bigger than the pain of unpublishing it... So I'm not sure we should
necessarily proactively unpublish everything in the same boat
(especially if nobody asks for it). In particular, we should definitely
*not* do it for anything that's not an official OpenStack deliverable.

That leaves us with:

Official libraries (python-congressclient, python-designateclient) for
which I think we should proactively fix them ASAP.

Other official things (mistral-extra, networking-odl, murano-dashboard,
networking-hyperv, networking-midonet, sahara-image-elements,
freezer-api, murano-agent, mistral-dashboard, sahara-dashboard) for
which we should fix them if pip is a reasonable way of installing them
(after asking the local PTL if that's alright).

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)