[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Gate is broken - Do not approve any patch until further notice

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 04:54:23 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
> We are currently dealing with 4 issues and until they are fix, please
> do not approve any patch. We want to keep the gate clear to merge the
> fixes for the 4 problems first.
>
> 1) devstack-gate broke us because we use it as a library (bad)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1713868
>
> 2) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/474578/ broke us and we're
> reverting it https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1713832
>
> 3) We shouldn't build images on multinode jobs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1713167
>
> 4) We should use pip instead of git for delorean
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1708832
>

> Until further notice from Alex or myself, please do not approve any patch.

The 4 problems have been mitigated.
You can now proceed to normal review.

Please do not recheck a patch without an elastic-recheck comment, we
need to track all issues related to CI from now.
Paul Belanger has been doing extremely useful work to help us, now
let's use elastic-recheck more and stop blind rechecks.
All known issues are in http://status.openstack.org/elastic-recheck/
If one is missing, you're welcome to contribute by sending a patch to
elastic-recheck. Example with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/498954/

I've restored all patches that were killed from the gate and did
recheck already, hopefully we can get some merges and finish this
release.

Thanks Paul and all Infra for their consistent help!
--
Emilien Macchi