[openstack-dev] [diskimage-builder] Does anyone use "fedora" target?

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 07:21:00 UTC 2017

Hi,

The "fedora" element -- the one that downloads the upstream .qcow2 and
re-packages it -- is currently broken as the links we use have
disappeared [1].  Even allowing for this, it's still broken with some
changes to the kernel install scripts [2].  AFAICT, the only thing
noticing this is our CI.

fedora-minimal takes a different approach of building the system
within a blank chroot.  It's what we use to create the upstream
images.

I believe the octavia jobs switched to fedora-minimal?

Is there anyone still using these image-based jobs?  Is there any
reason why you can't use fedora-minimal?  I don't really see this as
being that useful, and our best path forward might be just to retire
it.

Thanks,

-i

[1] https://review.openstack.org/497734