[openstack-dev] [nova] placement/resource providers update 33

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 22:09:17 UTC 2017

On 8/25/2017 7:54 AM, Chris Dent wrote:

> There's a stack that documents (with visual aids!) the flow of
> scheduler and placement. It is pretty much ready:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/475810/

I see I am late to the party here, but I've left comments in the
now-merged patch.

There are some issues with this, mainly around the fact this is talking
about scheduling, as I expect it to work today when I came into reading
this, but it's talking in detail about the alternatives stuff which was
not implemented in Pike, so I think that should be removed, or amended
with a big fat note that it's not available yet and anything to do with
alternatives is future work.

Matt