[openstack-dev] [oslo] scheduling oslosphinx for retirement at the start of queens

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 28 17:56:14 UTC 2017

> On Jul 10, 2017, at 9:10 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
> Oslo team,
>
> With all documentation now moving to use the openstackdocs theme,
> I propose that we retire the oslosphinx repository during Queens.
> We should go ahead and create the stable/pike branch at the end of
> this cycle, so that we have a way to deal with bugs in existing
> pike releases, but I think we can retire the repository at any point
> after that.

After looking into the retirement process, and discussing it with fungi, I think we’re going to have to wait to do anything for now.

It will be complicated to remove the contents of the master branch now without following the full retirement process, and that will make it impossible for us to maintain stable releases for the library through the end of Pike's support lifetime (because the gate jobs will all be turned off). So for now https://review.openstack.org/#/c/498543/1 marks the library as obsolete and https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslosphinx/+bug/1713543 will help us remember to follow the retirement process later.

Doug