[openstack-dev] [charms] Openstack charm with OVN as SDN

Aakash Kt aakashkt0 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 09:30:50 UTC 2017

Hi all,
   I am looking to develop an openstack bundle which uses OVN as the SDN. I
have been reading : https://docs.openstack.org/charm-guide/latest/
I have also read : https://docs.openstack.org/networking-ovn/latest/install/
index.html

As far as I understand, this will require me to replace the
"neutron-openvswitch" charm in the openstack base bundle. However, I am not
able to exactly understand what all I will have to rewrite / replace to
make this work.
I know I need to make neutron work only as an API instead of the full blown
SDN. Also, in the above doc, its mentioned that we have to run some setup
on "controller nodes". How does the term "controller node" map to the
openstack base charm?
Some guidelines as to what to read about and help in understanding the
already existing openstack charm would be great.

Thank you for helping out, and sorry if these doubts seem trivial.

Aakash