[openstack-dev] [nova] Can we remove the monkey_patch_modules config option?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 21:51:07 UTC 2017

I'm having a hard time tracing what this is necessary for. It's related
to the notify_decorator which is around for legacy notifications but I
don't actually see that decorator used anywhere. Given there are other
options related to the notify_decorator, like "default_publisher_id" if
we can start unwinding and removing this legacy stuff it would make the
config (.005%) simpler.

It also just looks like we have a monkey_patch option that is run at the
beginning of every service, uses monkey_patch_modules and if loaded,
monkey patches whatever is configured for modules.

I mean, if we thought hooks were bad, this is pretty terrible.

Matt