[openstack-dev] About OpenStack's resource limit

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Fri Aug 25 16:43:51 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-24 05:20 AM, rk_1218_live at i.softbank.jp wrote:
> Because I want to monitor resource usage (CPU utilization, memory,
> ...etc) with OpenStack!!
> I have one question.

you can monitor resource usage using ceilometer (to generate the
metrics) and gnocchi (to store/query metrics). you can extend that
functionality using grafana for visualisations or heat for autoscaling.

> Can I restrict resource with OpenStack?
>
> For example, is it possible to limit the CPU to 20 % for process that
> normally use 50% CPU?
> If you have such a command, please let me know!

probably better answered by Nova devs but seems this is possible[1][2]

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/quota-instance-resource
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/InstanceResourceQuota