[openstack-dev] [kolla][puppet][openstack-ansible] Better way to run wsgi service.

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:15:24 UTC 2017

We are moving to deploy service via WSGI[0].

There are two recommended ways.

- apache + mod_wsgi
- nginx + uwsgi

later one is more better.

For traditional deployment, it is easy to implement. Use one
uwsgi progress to launch all wsgi services ( nova-api,cinder-api , etc).
Then one nginx process to forward the http require into uwsgi server.

But kolla is running one process in one container. If we use
the recommended solution, we have to use two container to run
nova-api container. and it will generate lots of containers.
like: nginx-nova-api, uwsig-nova-api.

i propose use uwsgi native http mode[1]. Then one uwsgi
container is enough to run nova-api service. Base one the official
doc, if there is no static resource, uWSGI is recommended to use
as a real http server.

So how about this?

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/pike/deploy-api-in-wsgi.html
[1]