[openstack-dev] [neutron] [tests] [tempest] Neutron dvr tempest test problem

Ning Yao zay11022 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 10:51:05 UTC 2017

Hi, all

I encounter a problem about neutron tempest test. I run the tempest
neutron plugin test against my self-build OpenStack, and I find that
tempest will run the dvr test and report NotImplementedERROR. I dig
into the test code and find that even if I do not enable dvr router
for my OpenStack, the dvr test runs and does not automatically skip.
This is because it only skip this logic when
network-feature-enabled.api_extensions does not support dvr.
```

class DvrRoutersTest(base_routers.BaseRouterTest):

    @classmethod

    @test.requires_ext(extension="dvr", service="network")

    def skip_checks(cls):

        super(DvrRoutersTest, cls).skip_checks()

```

Is any other way to skip the test?

I can manually delete the 'dvr' in tempest.conf
network-feature-enabled.api_extensions, but it is not convenient for
integrating test. while the value
network-feature-enabled.api_extensions is automatically detected from
neutron ext-list.

while neutron ext-list is describing whether the current version
supports dvr,  dvr can be still disabled in neutron.conf for a certain
openstack environment. So I think we need a method to find out whether
this feature is enabled for the current OpenStack cluster and skip
this test depending on this. Am I right or I still miss something.

Regards
Ning Yao