[openstack-dev] [ironic]clean failed after I finished clean-step

Richard.Pioso at dell.com Richard.Pioso at dell.com
Wed Aug 23 20:11:02 UTC 2017

Greetings,

Thank you for your question.  Hopefully, I can help you move beyond the node cleaning issue you encountered.

To begin, I have a couple of observations.

1.       It seems that automated cleaning was attempted.  Please note that the DRAC driver does not implement any automated cleaning steps.  The RAID cleaning steps it offers can be used by manual cleaning.

2.       The iDRAC driver code that detected an issue with the clean step(s) configured on the node has been removed on master and in the forthcoming 9.1.0 (Pike) release of ironic.  That was done to fix the bug “double manage/provide cycle cause trace for pxe_drac” (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1676387).  That bug is not related to your issue.

Beyond that, to further assist you, I need the following information.

1.       Which distribution of ironic are you using?

2.       What is ironic’s version?

3.       Please describe how the clean steps were set to configure RAID.  I am looking for the API requests or CLI commands that were issued.

4.  What was the state of the ironic node before it was provided?  That can be retrieved by either of the following CLI commands, depending on the version of the ironic client you are using.

ironic node-show <uuid>
openstack baremetal node show <uuid>

Thank you, and regards,
Rick