[openstack-dev] [openstack][oslo][all] Clean up oslo deprecated stuff !

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 07:44:30 UTC 2017

On 08/22/2017 08:44 AM, ChangBo Guo wrote:
> <mailto:doug at doughellmann.com>>:
>
>     Excerpts from ChangBo Guo's message of 2017-08-22 15:24:44 +0800:
>     > Hi ALL,
>     >
>     > We discussed a little about how to avoid breaking consuming projects' gate
>     > in oslo weekly meeting last week.  The easy improvement is that clean up
>     > deprecated stuff in oslo at the beginning of Queens.  I collected
>     > deprecated stuff  in [1].  This need Oslo team and other team work
>     > toghether. I think we can start the work when cycle Queens is open. I also
>     > reserved a room in PTG
>     > for 2 hours to do hacking.[2]
>     >
>     >
>     > [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/oslo-queens-tasks
>     <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/oslo-queens-tasks>
>     > [2] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/Queens-PTG-Discussion-Rooms
>     <https://ethercalc.openstack.org/Queens-PTG-Discussion-Rooms>
>     >

>     Cleaning up some of this technical debt is a great idea for Queens!
>
>     What do you think about using a common gerrit topic to make those
>     reviews easy to find across the repository?
>
>    yeah, that's helpful to track the reviews,  what about the topic
> 'oslo-debt-cleanup' ?

+1

In oslo.db there's a number of config options that have been marked
deprecated for many release cycles. The topic of when to remove the
deprecation warnings came up recently on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/334182/.

Would be great to do some of this cleanup in Queens. Thanks for bringing
the topic up, ChangBo!

Best,
-jay