[openstack-dev] [Monasca] GridDB repository support

witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com witold.bedyk at est.fujitsu.com
Tue Aug 22 12:25:20 UTC 2017

Hi Akira,

thank you for your contribution. We indeed urgently need a scalable open source TSDB.

Do you use this database in your Monasca deployment? Have you made write/read performance measurements when used with Monasca? I couldn't find much information about this database apart from the references you have provided.

In the recent weeks James Gu and his team have re-evaluated using Cassandra as Monasca backend [1]. They have measured write throughput of 64 kmetrics/s when storing 200 mil unique metric definitions and 50 bil measurements on the two nodes cluster. It's way below what InfluxDB can on the single node, but that's a number we can live with, I guess. Can GridDB perform better?

What do the others think? Should we experiment and add support for different backend drivers or rather choose one or two and concentrate on these?

Best greetings
Witek

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cassandra_monasca