[openstack-dev] [Nova] On idmapshift deprecation

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 14:57:55 UTC 2017

On 8/20/2017 3:28 AM, Michael Still wrote:
> I'm going to take the general silence on this as permission to remove
> the idmapshift binary from nova. You're welcome.

The reality is that no one is using the LXC code as far as I know.
Rackspace was the only one ever contributing changes for LXC and we
never got a CI stood up for it in the gate. So if the changes break
something, being a Rackspace employee yourself I'd hope you'd find out
soon enough. So having said that, I think it's fine to go forward with
removing the binary dependency if you can replace it with privsep.

Matt