[openstack-dev] Fwd: [l2gw]

Lajos Katona lajos.katona at ericsson.com
Mon Aug 21 11:16:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

We faced an issue with l2-gw-update, which means that actually if there
are connections for a gw the update will throw an exception
(L2GatewayInUse), and the update is only possible after deleting first
the connections, do the update and add the connections back.

It is not exactly clear why this restriction is there in the code (at
least I can't find it in docs or comments in the code, or review).
As I see the check for network connections was introduced in this patch:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/144097
(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/144097/21..22/networking_l2gw/db/l2gateway/l2gateway_db.py)

Could you please give me a little background why the update operation is
not allowed on an l2gw with network connections?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Lajos