[openstack-dev] [ironic] pike release

Julia Kreger juliaashleykreger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 17:13:40 UTC 2017

Greetings everyone!

As some of you may have noticed, we released ironic 9.0.0 today. But
wait! There is more!

We triggered this release due to a number of issues, one of which was
that we learned that we needed the stable/pike branch for our grenade
jobs to execute properly. This was not done previously because
Ironic’s release model is incompatible with making release candidate
releases.

Once we’ve confirmed that our grenade testing is passing, we will back
port patches we had previously approved, but that had not landed, from
master to stable/pike.

As a result, please anticipate Ironic’s official Pike release for this
cycle to be 9.1.0, if the stars, gates, and job timeouts align with
us.

If there are any questions, please feel free to stop by
#openstack-ironic. We have also been keeping our general purpose
whiteboard[1] up to date, you can see our notes regarding our current
plan starting at line 120, and notes regarding gate failures and
issues starting at line 37.
Thanks!

-Julia

[1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/IronicWhiteBoard