[openstack-dev] [tripleo] critical situation with CI / upgrade jobs

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 04:13:44 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Problem #3: from Ocata to Pike: all container images are
> > uploaded/specified, even for services not deployed
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1710992
> > The CI jobs are timeouting during the upgrade process because
> > downloading + uploading _all_ containers in local cache takes more
> > than 20 minutes.
> > So this is where we are now, upgrade jobs timeout on that. Steve Baker
> > is currently looking at it but we'll probably offer some help.
>
> Steve is still working on it: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448328/
> Steve, if you need any help (reviewing or coding) - please let us
> know, as we consider this thing important to have and probably good to
> have in Pike.

I have a couple of changes up now, one to capture the relationship between
images and services[1], and another to add an argument to the prepare
command to filter the image list based on which services are containerised
[2]. Once these land, all the calls to prepare in CI can be modified to
also specify these heat environment files, and this will reduce uploads to
only the images required.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/448328/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/494367/