[openstack-dev] [Octavia]Questions about octavia flavors spec

何庆 tsinghe.7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 02:09:20 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how the flavor will be implemented and have
few questions about the flavor spec[1]

1. What does "*RO*" mean in API* /flavors*? Is it short for ReadOnly?
In my understanding, user need create flavor by himself, so the flavor API
should not be readonly.

FLAVOR(/flavors)

+-----------------+-------+---------+---------+------------+-----------------+
|Attribute        |Type   |Access   |Default  |Validation/ |Description      |
|Name             |       |         |Value    |Conversion  |                 |
+=================+=======+=========+=========+============+=================+
|id               |string |RO, admin|generated|N/A         |identity         |
|                 |(UUID) |         |         |            |                 |
+-----------------+-------+---------+---------+------------+-----------------+
|name             |string |RO, admin|''       |string      |human-readable   |
|                 |       |         |         |            |name             |
+-----------------+-------+---------+---------+------------+-----------------+
|description      |string |RO, admin|''       |string      |human-readable   |
|                 |       |         |         |            |description      |
|enabled          |bool   |RO, admin|true     |bool        |toggle           |
|flavor_profile_id|string |RO, admin|         |string      |human-readable   |
|                 |       |         |         |            |flavor_profile_id|

2. Do we also need an API like */providers* to query providers and metadata
available?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/392485/