[openstack-dev] [distributions][devstack][requirements] Upper constraints broken in stable/ocata on CentOS 7/RHEL 7

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Aug 15 06:53:56 UTC 2017

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 05:58:50PM -0700, Arun SAG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> RHEL/CentOS 7 released new libvirt packages (upgraded from 2.x to 3.x)
> which broke bootstrapping devstack on stable/ocata branch. I have a review
> up here to fix this in upper-requirements.txt
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/491032/
>
> On the review i was asked to check if upgrading to libvirt-python 3.5.0
> will break any distributions, Is there a way to reach out to people running
> various distributions officially? If there are distro/vendor liaisons in
> this list, can you help me by reaching out to your internal teams to check
> whether it is okay to upgrade libvirt-python to 3.5.x in stable/ocata?

On that review I pointed you at the instructions for how to find which
version of packages distributions are shipping.  I've also pinged people
in the libvirt community to see what the official stance on mixing
libvirt-python and libvirt.so is.

We don't typically bump upper-constraints.txt because a distro released
a new package.

Yours Tony.