[openstack-dev] [api] [tc] Nominatimg Eric Fried for service-types-authority core

Brant Knudson blk at acm.org
Mon Aug 14 19:50:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Chris Dent's message of 2017-08-08 16:35:18 +0100:
> >
> > I don't believe we have an established procedure for core
> > nominations in the service-types-authority group, so I'll just go
> > ahead and take the initiative. I think we should make Eric Fried
> > (efried on IRC) a core in that group. He's been doing a great deal
> > of work related to service types and service catalog, is around all the
> > time, and would be a worthy addition.
> >
> > If you don't like this idea but would like to say so privately,
> > please contact me. Otherwise I'll give a few days and make it so.
>
> +1 for adding Eric.
>

> > The [tc] tag is on here because the repo is considered "owned by the
> > technical committee".
> >
> > We may also wish to consider removing Anne Gentle and Brant Knudson
> > who are less available these days.
> >

> I don't have a problem with removing them, but it would be good to
> confirm whether they expect to have more time in queens before we do.
>
> Doug

I don't even have time to keep up with emails to -dev lately, so go ahead
and remove me as a core reviewer here. I likely wouldn't work on this going
forward since I'm not even sure why we have a service catalog. Shouldn't we
be using something used throughout the industry (consul, for example)?

 - Brant