[openstack-dev] [requirements][masakari] FFE for adding python-masakariclient in global-requirements

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Aug 11 00:08:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:58:21PM -0500, Sam P wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> For maskari-monitors, earliest we can cut stable/pike is 8/11.
> You was mentioned about masakari and related projects in [1].
> For python-masakariclient, stable/pike can be cut on 8/11.
> However, for maskari I would like to land few changes before cut stable/pike and
> hopefully we can cut stable/pike after 8/15 masakari team meeting.
>
>   As I discussed with Matthew[2], In the case, you unfreeze
> requirements before 8/15,
>  we can block requirements update for masakari till we create the
> stable/pike branch.
>  Any comments on this plan?

Based on what you've said Masakari is going to have a stable/pike
branch.  So we have 3 options:

1) Grant the FFE and ensure that the bot-generated change lands in
   masakari-monitors before they branch ; or

2) Wait until after both requirements and masakari branch and takes this
   on master backport it to pike (which would kinda sorta be a process
   violation) and then let the bot take over ; or

3) Just take this on master and disable the check-requirements for
   masakari on stable/*

It seems to me that option 1 is the least work and ends up with the best
result.

So with that in mind I'm going to approve:
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/491692/

Once that merges the bot will suggest a review to update your
requirements files.

You can take that or:
    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/457491/

or some combination of both after resolving any merge conflicts.

You'll need to do one of those before you branch stable/pike

Apart from the change described above you're right.  You need to block
and changes generated by the proposal bot from the time requirements
branches until you branch.

All good?

Yours Tony.