[openstack-dev] [nova] Thanks gibi!

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 17:57:07 UTC 2017

Apparently we don't have community contributor awards at the PTG, only
the summit, and seeing as that's several months away now, which is kind
of an eternity, I wanted to take the time now to thank gibi (Balazs
Gibizer to his parents) for all the work he's been doing in Nova.

Not only does gibi lead the versioned notification transformation work,
which includes running a weekly meeting (that only one other person
shows up to) and sending a weekly status email, and does it in a
ridiculously patient and kind way, but he's also been identifying
several critical issues late in the release related to the Placement and
claims in the scheduler work that's going on.

And it's not just doing manual testing, reporting a bug and throwing it
over the wall - which is a major feat in OpenStack on it's own - but
also taking the time to write automated functional regression tests to
exhibit the bugs so when we have a fix we can tell it's actually
working, plus he's been fixing some on his own also.

So with all that, I just wanted to formally and publicly say thanks to
gibi for the great work he's doing which often goes overlooked when
we're crunching toward a deadline.

Matt