[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Heat] using convergence_engine to deploy overcloud stack

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Aug 9 16:43:28 UTC 2017

On 08/09/2017 05:49 AM, Rabi Mishra wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Smigielski, Radoslaw (Nokia - IE)
> <radoslaw.smigielski at nokia.com <mailto:radoslaw.smigielski at nokia.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi there!
>
>         I have a question about heat "convergence_engine" option, it's
>     present in heat config since quite a long time but still not enabled.
>
> Well, convergence is enabled by default in heat since newton. However,
> Tripleo does not use it yet, as convergence engine memory usage is
> higher than that of legacy engine.
>
> There has been number of optimizations in the last two cycles to improve
> that situation. However, AFAIK, when using a single node undercloud,
> memory usage would always be more with convergence.
>
> I think there are plans for Tripleo to move to convergence in Queens as
> discussed in this ML thread.
>
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-June/118237.html

Yeah, my understanding is that we'll look at turning on convergence for
the undercloud by default in Queens.  It was just getting too late in a
cycle of full of huge architectural changes to flip the switch in Pike.

If there's no indication of trouble from the experimental job we should
definitely turn it on ASAP once Queens opens though.