[openstack-dev] [neutron] possible race condition with nova instance and neutron ports

Sławomir Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Wed Aug 9 12:40:13 UTC 2017

With such settings nova is not waiting for info from neutron and that is why Your instances starting without network ready.
If You will change this timeout to some value higher than 0 then instance will be paused and nova will wait for info from neutron that port is active (You should also check credentials config in neutron server)
If You will set also vif_plugging_is_fatal=True then nova will put instance in ERROR state if port will not be active after timeout time.

--
Slawek