[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Heat] using convergence_engine to deploy overcloud stack

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Wed Aug 9 11:24:13 UTC 2017

Hi there

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Rabi Mishra <ramishra at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 1:41 PM, Smigielski, Radoslaw (Nokia - IE) <
> radoslaw.smigielski at nokia.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there!
>>
>>    I have a question about heat "convergence_engine" option, it's
>> present in heat config since quite a long time but still not enabled.
>>
> Well, convergence is enabled by default in heat since newton. However,
> Tripleo does not use it yet, as convergence engine memory usage is higher
> than that of legacy engine.

TripleO CI has heat-convergence job running on heat patches in experimental
pipeline [1] It runs there during last year at least.
No any high memory usage was detected in last few months when I watched it.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/zuul/layout.yaml#L10407

Thanks

--