[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Heat] using convergence_engine to deploy overcloud stack

Smigielski, Radoslaw (Nokia - IE) radoslaw.smigielski at nokia.com
Wed Aug 9 08:11:19 UTC 2017

Hi there!

   I have a question about heat "convergence_engine" option, it's present in heat config since quite a long time but still not enabled. And I am wondering if anyone has tried enabled it and deploy overcloud? I did it myself and it seems to be working.

The main reason why I am looking at this options are problems with scaling out, adding computes, replacing failed controllers on setups with 50+ computes and number of nested stack 1000+.

Is there any reason what holds Heat switch to convergence architecture?