[openstack-dev] [python-openstackclient][python-openstacksdk][neutron][nova] supporting resource extensions with our CLI

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 13:41:59 UTC 2017

On 8/7/17 10:39 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> If the thing you're doing doesn't fit in the mainline API, then what
> you're doing is making a new API. Extensions just bypass the important
> part where that API gets designed and thought through.

Irrespective of opinions as to if API extensions are good or not, the
fact of the matter is we support them in neutron today and as a result
we have users that rely on them as well as the ability to interface
(CLI) with such extensions via python-neutronclient. That said, I think
this concern has been heard [1] and we will work to address it
short-to-mid term.

As to neutron's longer-term goals W/R/T API extensions; I can't speak to
that.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-August/120759.html