[openstack-dev] [rpm-packaging] ptl for queens

Thomas Bechtold tbechtold at suse.com
Fri Aug 4 08:19:20 UTC 2017

Hi,

I announce my candidacy for the PTL of the Packaging RPM project.

I have been a contributor to various OpenStack projects since Havana and I'm
one of the initial cores of the packaging RPM project. The project goal is
to produce a production-ready set of OpenStack packages for RPM-based systems
(like SLES, RHEL, openSUSE, Fedora, etc.).

As a PTL, I would focus on:

- python3 support. The currently available packages are python2 only.
  Distros are moving to python3 as default so providing python3 packages
  (starting with the libs and clients) should be done now.

- getting more services packaged. We currently have most of the libs
  and clients available but there are a lot of services still missing.

- Improve tooling. There are still things that can be automated when
  new packages are created or available ones updated.

Thanks,
Tom