[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-3, Aug 4 - Aug 11

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Aug 4 02:00:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 09:07:54AM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Thierry Carrez's message of 2017-08-03 15:03:59 +0200:
>
> > Actions
> > -------
> >
> > Deliverables following the cycle-with-milestones model should post a RC1
> > openstack/releases request during the week (X.0.0.0rc1), together with a
> > stable/pike branch request. It should include something like this:

> >   - projects:
> >       - hash: YOURHASH
> >         repo: openstack/YOURPROJECT
> >     version: YOURVERSION.0.0.0rc1
> > branches:
> >   - location: YOURVERSION.0.0.0rc1
> >     name: stable/pike
> >
> > Deliverables following the cycle-with-intermediary model should also
> > create their Pike release branch next week. That means potentially
> > making a last Pike release, and in all cases posting the stable/pike
> > branch creation request:

> > branches:
> >   - location: YOUR.PIKE.VERSION
> >     name: stable/pike
>
> It would be really REALLY good for project teams to finish landing the
> doc-migration patches before branching. Otherwise, you will have to
> backport all of the doc changes to the stable branch in order for them
> to show up in the Pike documentation.

It's very important that any requirements updates have been merged
before tagging the branch.  It isn't impossible to do it later but it's
just extra work.

We're still processing some late release/requirements FFEs to I'd expect
the bot to generate one or two this weekend / early next week.

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/is:open+branch:master+owner:proposal-bot+topic:openstack/requirements

Is scary long :(

Yours Tony.