[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Aug 3 17:27:47 UTC 2017

Greetings OpenStack community,

Today's meeting started off with continued discussion about the Guided Review process that we are trying to create ahead of the Denver PTG, where we would like to incorporate such a process as part of our sessions. This has been crystallized into a document [0] by elmiko. One point that is still to be added is how we record discussions after the fact, so that they can be preserved and referenced in the future.

The bulk of the meeting was taken up in discussing the proposed change from a Working Group (WG) to a Special Interest Group (SIG). This is in response to Thierry Carrez's email [4] on the subject. No one had any particularly strong feelings either way; I mean, we want to be as useful as possible to as many people as possible, but it's simply not clear whether the change to being a SIG would a) make that easier, or b) make that more difficult, or c) have no effect. In our case, this is also complicated by the fact that we are small, and expanding to a wider audience might be too much. Or it may bring in lots of new people to help out. We really don't know. We will continue to discuss this on the mailing list and future meetings.

There are no new guidelines for this week, but a small update to an existing document [5] was merged.

# Newly Published Guidelines

None this week.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

None this week

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
  Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/

* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
  https://review.openstack.org/444892

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API WG, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!