[openstack-dev] [Cyborg]Queens PTL candidacy

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 03:59:55 UTC 2017

Hi Team,

Even though Cyborg is not an official project yet, however with an ultimate
goal of becoming one it is necessary to conduct our project governance with
compliance of OpenStack community general requirements/culture.

Therefore I'm initiating the very first PTL election for Cyborg project
since its formation and declare a self nomination in this email. My name is
Zhipeng Huang and goes by Howard within the community, my irc handle is
zhipeng/zhipengh/zhipeng[m] depending the client I'm using. I'm now serving
as the caretaking project lead for Cyborg project. I'm also the creator of
the Cyborg project and its predecessor Nomad project.

During the past half year I have focused on kick-starting the project and
laid down the necessary infrastructure. At the moment Cyborg project has
its repo[1] and wiki[2] setup, has regular team meetings (first bi-weekly
and then weekly) with public meetbot recorded minutes[3], has activities on
the mailinglist, and has irc chats and debates. Cyborg project has elected
two new core reviewers in the Pike cycle time frame, and the code
development has been spearheaded by the core team and other contributors
alike [4].

I'm extremely proud of the work the team has achieved so far. After all
this project was started from an idea and the development started from
zero. Everything has been done in the OpenStack way and I want to keep
shepherding the team to achieve the following goals for Queens cycle:

- Driver ready for mainstream accelerators (FPGA and GPU)
- Better collaboration with the Placement and Nova team
- More solid PoC opportunities to road test our feature
- More new cool stuff (SPDK, RISC-V) and more new ideas

Thank you for considering my candidacy and I will try my best to fulfill my
goal.

More on the election procedure, if there are more than one candidate, we
will use http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/ to conduct our election. If there is
only one candidate, then no election will be held the candidate will be
automatically elected. More info on election could be found [5].

[1] https://review.openstack.org/gitweb?p=openstack/cyborg.git;a=summary
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cyborg
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cyborg/MeetingLogs
[4] http://stackalytics.com/?module=cyborg
[5] https://governance.openstack.org/election/

--
Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Product Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado