[openstack-dev] [requirements] Queens PTL candidacy

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 2 22:11:47 UTC 2017

I would like to announce my candidacy for PTL of the Requirements project for
the Queens cycle.

The following will be my goals for the cycle, in order of importance:

1. Continue from the good place tonyb left us at.  The primary goal to keep a
tight rein on global-requirements and upper-constraints updates.

2. Speaking of global-requirements updates, the primary goal this cycle will
be to allow divergent requirements to be used.  All projects would continue to
use upper-constraints.txt to ensure co-installability, but would be able to
manage their requirements.txt file largely on their own.

3. Audit global-requirements and upper-constraints for redundancies.  One of
the rules we have for new entrants to global-requirements and/or
upper-constraints is that they be non-redundant.  Keeping that rule in mind,
audit the list of requirements for possible redundancies and if possible,
reduce the number of requirements we manage.

4.  Audit global-requirements minimums.  While technically not supported from a
co-installability or stability standpoint (as it's not tested), we should
endeavor to have the global-requirements minimums work in Openstack.  Ensuring
any bugs, features or changes that have happened since the global-requirements
minimum was released til the upper-constraints was defined are not NEEDED by
Openstack.  This will rely on the cross gating work tonyb did.

I look forward to continue working with you in this cycle, as your PTL or not.

Thanks for your time,

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)