[openstack-dev] [release][requirements][shade][infra] FFE for zuul-sphinx

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Aug 2 21:32:36 UTC 2017

Heya,

We'd like to request a requirements feature freeze exception to add the
zuul-sphinx library.

zuul-sphinx is an Infra-managed Sphinx extension used to process job
documentation for zuul jobs for Zuul v3. Since jobs can be defined in
individual project repos in Zuul v3, generating documentation for
in-repo jobs is a task that needs to be done in the project itself.

zuul-sphinx itself will only be used in test-requirements.txt and itself
only has dependencies on sphinx and pyyaml.

We'd like an FFE for it because we're using shade as an early test-case
of an OpenStack project that does all of the normal OpenStack things
(release management, requirements syncing, devstack jobs) and as shade
is release managed we can't otherwise add the extension to document the
jobs we're adding.

Also - in Zuul v3 jobs can be defined in branches as well, so having
zuul-sphinx available for stable/pike as we roll it out broadly will be
nice. It may worth considering ocata backport - but we can consider that
once it's actually needed.

Anywho - it would be dandy to get an exception on this one.

Thanks!
Monty