[openstack-dev] [trove] Can we move some non-voting broken jobs to the experimental queue?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:27:10 UTC 2017

I don't dabble in Trove-land often but today I pushed a change and was
watching it in zuul, and noticed that the change runs 26 jobs in the
check queue. Several of those (cassandra, couch, mongo, percona) all
failed nearly immediately with something in the diskimage builder, like
this:

http://logs.openstack.org/42/490042/1/check/gate-trove-scenario-dsvm-cassandra-single-ubuntu-xenial-nv/d38a8c1/logs/devstack-gate-post_test_hook.txt.gz#_2017-08-02_14_58_16_953

diskimage_builder.element_dependencies.MissingElementException: Element
'ubuntu-xenial-cassandra' not found

Is anyone maintaining these jobs? If not, they should be moved to the
experimental queue so they can be run on demand, not in the check queue
for every patch set proposed to Trove. These are also single and
multi-node jobs, so they are needlessly eating up node pool resources.

Matt