[openstack-dev] [elections] [puppet] Candidacy for Puppet OpenStack PTL (Queens)

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Wed Aug 2 13:19:31 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

I would like to nominate myself for the PTL role for the Puppet OpenStack team
for the Queens release cycle.

I have been directly involved with OpenStack as a deployer and contributor
since 2011.  I have also personally used the Puppet OpenStack modules for a
significant period of time in that period and I personally believe that they
are one of the more robust and stable deployment methods of OpenStack.

I'm very comfortable in terms of dealing with gate issues, Puppet and the
OpenStack puppet modules specifically.  I'm also confident that I can quickly
get up to speed in PTL activities such as managing releases and other
responsibilities.

The Puppet OpenStack modules are quite stable for the projects which have
been around for a long time, such as Nova or Neutron which doesn't leave a lot
of work.  However, for the Queens cycle, I believe the following goals are what
I am to help accomplish:

- Improve documentation to increase adoption of Puppet OpenStack
- Add CI for modules which are not currently tested in
`puppet-openstack-integration`
  which will increase their maturity.
- Ensure modules stay up to date with service configuration settings
- Optimize CI to check for any deprecated configuration warnings to be able to
  catch configuration changes earlier.

I'm always available on IRC and I look forward to working with all of you for
the upcoming cycle.  I'm also always open to suggestions or recommendation on
how we can do things better, as this is for the benefit of all of us.

Sincerely,
Mohammed Naser (mnaser)