[openstack-dev] [release][requirements][barbican][octavia][LBaaS][heat] FFE Request for python-barbicanclient library

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Aug 1 20:58:22 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Dave McCowan (dmccowan)'s message of 2017-08-01 20:48:12 +0000:
> This note is to request a Feature Freeze Exemption (FFE) for the python-barbicanclient library in Pike.
>
> Python-barbicanclient 4.5.0 was intended to be the Pike release.  However, after it was released, testing with the Heat and Octavia projects found that it contained an incompatible change resulting in Tracebacks for those projects.
>
> The issue was reported in this bug.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-barbicanclient/+bug/1706841
>
> A first, and partial, attempt to fix this was merged in this patch.
> https://review.openstack.org/487721
> This patch is included in release 4.5.1.
>
> A second, and successful, fix was merged in this patch.
> https://review.openstack.org/489518
> This patch is included in release 4.5.2.
>
> The Barbican team requests a feature freeze exemption for python-barbicanclient release 4.5.2 to be the release for Pike.  Releases 4.5.0 and 4.5.1 should be blocked in global requirements.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave
> IRC:dave-mccowan

This sounds reasonable. It's a critical problem but only affects a small
number of projects, so the risk is fairly small.

I assume you've done enough testing to feel comfortable that 4.5.2 will
work better than 4.5.0 and 4.5.1?

Doug