[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Non-voting job for testing container builds against tripleo-common

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 16:56:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

We temporarily stood up a third party job from review.rdoproject.org
for the tripleo-common project to test that container builds are not
broken as a result of a patch.

For example, recently we took out EPEL with overrides and all
containers built fine.
After that, we introduced barbican which relied on EPEL and once more
broke container builds [1].

This new job first builds a package for tripleo-common (DLRN-rpmbuild)
and then builds containers (rdo-kolla-build-integration) with that new
tripleo-common package using the overcloud_containers and overrides
files from it.
Since the job is third party, it is non-voting but I please ask core
reviewers on tripleo-common to pay attention to the job results so
that we don't break containers.

You can see an example of the job running here [2].

If you have any questions, please reach out to me.

Thanks,

[1]: https://trello.com/c/KIO2UiWo/227-kolla-error-creating-barbican-api-container-image-after-disabling-epel
[2]: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/489224/

David Moreau Simard