[openstack-dev] [tripleo][deployment][helm][kolla][openstack-ansible] paunch - a library/tool for yaml driven docker configuration

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Thu Apr 27 23:11:52 UTC 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 10:53:17PM -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> [adding more tags to make sure folks can see this thread]
>
> What we would like to hear from Deployment projects (Kolla, OSA, Helm, etc) is:
>
> 1) Is there any overlap with some ongoing efforts?
> 2) Would you be interested by contributing to this effort?

Had a chance to look at this today, the main question I have, why are we
building something from scratch? I know today there is both ansible-container
and docker-compose, even linuxkit now.  Is that not something you could build
off or work upstream?

I did see anything in the documentation explaining why that was.