[openstack-dev] [heat][ironic][tripleo] ironic resources in heat

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 07:20:10 UTC 2017

Cool Pavlo
Would very glad to have you work on that together.
The new proposed spec tended to partly reuse Steven's patches (as many as
it can, but apparently not the spec). I try to separate it into two parts,
ironic management resource (this is covered by that spec) and ironic
deployment resource (which required more feedback since it actually trying
to do the same thing that nova resource can provide). And focus on first
part first, but it's totally fine by me to add the second part as another
spec if you can help to convince both heat and ironic team to add the
second part.
The only thing that blocks us from doing the spec right away is what I
think you can bring, `the needs`. If you can help to add that to the spec
(or feel free to rewrite it entirely). I scene that we really required to
know how users/ops/ironic will using it before we dig in. Maybe you can
share some story here?:)

Please add your name to `Primary assignees` and welcome back:)
Cheers,

pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com>:

> HI all,
>
> from some conversations I had during Pike PTG and recently in IRC I
> understood that the need for ironic resources in heat has arisen again. I
> remember back when it was proposed for the first time there was some
> opposition from ironic community (although I personally find it reasonable
> to have those) but AFAIU this is no longer the case.
>
> I would gladly revive old Steven Hardy patches [0] (have them starred on
> Gerrit since then :) ) and make it happen if there are no objections.
>
> I also see that the spec itself to this regard has been recently
> re-proposed [1], so if someone is already working on those, I'm
> volunteering to help with it with my both ironic and heat hats on :)
>
> [0] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/
> heat+topic:bp/ironic-resource
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy