[openstack-dev] [requirements][all][keystone] Getting requests from keystoneauth not directly

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Apr 21 16:13:50 UTC 2017

On 2017-04-21 10:29:04 -0500 (-0500), Monty Taylor wrote:
[...]
> So my general proposal is that since all of our client libs use
> keystoneauth for their REST interactions anyway (yay for real),
> that we rely on keystoneuath for installation of requests.
[...]

I concede to pragmatism here, but from a standpoint of correctness
we should really list as a requirement any package providing a
module being directly imported by the software. So if these clients
aren't doing an import (from) requests in their code I'm 100% on
board (it's good old-fashioned decrufting), but if they are then
this is more in the realm of special cases we'll want to track
somewhere long-term and add matching exclusions to things like
pip_check_reqs if and when we start relying on them.
--
Jeremy Stanley