[openstack-dev] [all] blog post about being PTL in OpenStack

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 08:36:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 08:22:50PM -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Exceptionally, I'll self-promote a blog post that I wrote about my
> personal experience of being PTL in OpenStack.
>
> http://my1.fr/blog/my-journey-as-an-openstack-ptl/

Thanks for writing this up Emilien - it aligns pretty well with my previous
experiences as both Heat and TripleO PTL, particularly the part about
dealing with interuptions and requests for help.

I agree the more autonomous squads approach has helped in that regard as we
have to acknowledge that individuals and their time only scales so far.

> My hope is to engage some discussion about what our community thinks
> about this role and how we could bring more leaders in OpenStack.
> This blog post also explains why I won't run for PTL during the next cycle.

Thanks for your great work as TripleO PTL over the last two cycles, and in
particular for your constant focus on improving CI coverage and team-building.

Thanks,

Steve