[openstack-dev] [Tacker][OSC] Command naming specs

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at nxp.com
Sat Apr 15 03:44:39 UTC 2017

Hi Jay-

Thanks for the suggestions, we have improved this to an extent [1].

For  'openstack vnf service function chain create' we agreed to go with, 'openstack nfv chain create' or 'openstack vnf chain create'

For ' openstack vnf forwardinggraph create' , you suggestion sounds good. We are thinking on 'openstack vnffg create' in simple terms.

We have come up with a rule for certain commands which conflict with other OpenStack projects,'nfv' is prefixed to differentiate the commands.
The commands that may conflict include ``network-service``, ``classifier``, ``nfp``, ``chain`` and ``event``.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/455188/14/specs/pike/python-openstackclient.rst

Thanks,

Trinath Somanchi.

Digital Networking | NXP – Hyderabad – INDIA.

Email: trinath.somanchi at nxp.com

Mobile: +91 9866235130 | Off: +91 4033504051