[openstack-dev] [tc] [elections] Available time and top priority

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 02:03:38 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 7:12 PM, Rochelle Grober
<rochelle.grober at huawei.com> wrote:
> Part 1: tldr; publish the resolutions to the key MLs at least when they are approved.

This was done for a time via blog posts, I recall talk about
resurrecting that, this may help increate the priority of following up
on that thought.

> Part 2: tldr; establish some kind of communications channel with other TCs/TSCs that have dependencies on OpenStack
>
> I just happened to be in a meeting with an associate who is on the TSC of Open Daylight.  After the meeting he asked me about the release schedules of OpenStack and whether the recent change was a one off or , would now be offset like the last or.....  It appears that ODL sets their releases to two week after OpenStack's then other Open networking projects cascade behind Open Daylight.  These TSCs don't know where to go to get the info/new schedules, etc.  Itg might be nice to find out what they need from us and provide a channel for them to ask questions.  TC might be a good contact point.  But TC can certainly come up with possible solution(s).  Which could open all these projects work a towards a more open coordination or cooperation with us.  I think that would be sooo cool.

The TC could certainly be a point of contact, I think it would also be
appropriate to hook up individual members as these sorts of things are
discovered to establish relationships.  Often times the TC will
delegate one or a few people to be contact points for things like this
anyway.

Communication-wise, this seems to be to be the sort of thing -announce
mailing lists should be used for.  Going back a couple of weeks I see
our -announce list consists of a lot of release announcements for
individual deliverables and a couple of OSSA's.  I'm not trying to
resurrect the debate over what that list should be used for, but it
does seem like that might have been a place for those not involved in
our community on a daily basis to see those sorts of announcements go
by.  That said, the release schedule and info really is easy to find
via your favorite search: "openstack release schedule" on Google
results in a table with recent release dates appearing even before the
first search result, which happens to be
https://releases.openstack.org.  The point is taken however, and I do
believe you are right Rocky that is something we should get more
proactive with regards to our neighboring communities.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com