[openstack-dev] [nova] Why don't we unbind ports or terminate volume connections on shelve offload?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 16:45:07 UTC 2017

This came up in the nova/cinder meeting today, but I can't for the life
of me think of why we don't unbind ports or terminate the connection
volumes when we shelve offload an instance from a compute host.

When you unshelve, if the instance was shelved offloaded, the conductor
asks the scheduler for a new set of hosts to build the instance on
(unshelve it). That could be a totally different host.

So am I just missing something super obvious? Or is this the most latent
bug ever?

Matt