[openstack-dev] [tc][election] Questions for Candidates

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Thu Apr 13 12:32:42 UTC 2017

On 12/04/17 16:19 +0000, Kendall Nelson wrote:
>Hello Candidates!
>-What is one trait you have that makes it difficult to work in groups like
>the TC and how do you counteract it?

I love agreement, I'd rather have everyone agree everytime. This makes it hard
for me to drive some conversations. I'd rather have everyone happy but that is
not something we can always afford.

I work hard not to have disagreement but to find ways we can all agree when
there's disagreement. At the very least, find the things that we can live by.

>- What do you see as the biggest roadblock in the upcoming releases for the
>TC?

As there hadn't been enough change, I believe we're about to go through a new
change (or phase of realizations if you will). The work to define the vision is
ongoing and we're also working out how we like to think about OpenStack. These
changes/conversations require the community to work together, they require lots
of discussions.

I don't think these conversations/changes are roadblocks but they will require
focus and contributions from the entire community, which is struggling to stay
focused and find contributions in some areas.

>And one lighthearted question:
>
>-What is your favorite thing about OpenStack?

The community! I know other's have said this but it is the thing I like the
most. I talk about it[0] whenever I can. I share our experiences and how it's
grown (and helped me grow). It's like a common (huge) Italian family. You don't
always know everyone, there are discussions, disagreements, etc. but we always
work towards a common goal. Oh, and we love eating and drinking :D

Flavio

[0] https://speakerdeck.com/flaper87/keeping-up-with-the-pace-of-a-fast-growing-community-without-dying

--
@flaper87