[openstack-dev] [oslo][infra][pbr] Nominating Stephen Finucane for pbr-core

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Apr 12 13:14:31 UTC 2017

Hey all,

As I'm sure you all know, pbr is both our most pervasively used
dependency and our least well understood. Nobody ever wants to look at
the code (sorry, I can write ugly code sometimes - but also wow
setuptools) or dig in to figure out what happened when things break.

Recently Stephen Finucane (sfinucan) has stepped up to the plate to help
sort out issues we've been having. He's shown a lack of fear of the
codebase and an understanding of what's going on. He's also following
through on patches to projects themselves when needed, which is a huge
part of the game. And most importantly he knows when to suggest we _not_
do something.

It's not a HUGE corpus of work we have to go on - but that's a good
thing - pbr shouldn't chance much - but it's in keeping with the other
active pbr maintainers:

http://stackalytics.com/report/contribution/pbr/90

Monty